Sunday, March 5, 2023

March 4 Kaity and Kenzie at Meijer Gardens

Saturday:  Like I said, Kenzie joined us today at the butterfly exhibition. I have a membership to Meijer Gardens (which will expire in May), but it is a "grandparent" membership with all 8 of my grandchildren listed. When we arrived at the Gardens, it was about 3:45. They exhibit closes at 5:00. I went up to the ticket booth and presented my membership card. Kaity and Kenzie were standing with me and the gentleman asked if they were my granddaughters. I told him Kaity was but that Kenzie is our friend, not family. BUT, since there was only about an hour left to see the exhibit, he let Kenzie in for free! Yes! I was able to return the $20 given to me by Scott and Megan to pay for Kenzie's ticket.

Here are some fun pictures of these dear girls:

I loved that they were wearing sunglasses! Aren't they beautiful girls?

Oh my word. I love these pictures.

After we saw the butterflies, we kind of wandered around outside of the Conservatory and ended up in this ghastly room with this giant spider. Yikes. I can't believe I actually posed with it.
Some very kind woman offered to take our pictures, so I handed her my camera. She did a nice job, I think. I rarely get to be in any pictures with my kiddos.
Here we are in the very empty "face" room ... The girls thought it would be fun to horse around in here, so I snapped a few pictures of them.


As we were exiting, there was this rock formation that actually reminded me of birdseed (the colors and patterns), but ... no ... it was definitely ROCK.

After Kenzie's nap (!!), they got up and decided to do a little jumping ...

... like these rocks were a trampoline or something. They can jump very high ... must be all that practicing over at Altitude (the trampoline place).

From Meijer Gardens, we drove to my house. While I was fixing our spaghetti dinner, the girls played with the MagnaTiles.

Emma played too! She joined us for dinner as well. And afterwards, all of the girls hung out for quite a long time playing games, etc. Plus, Kaity got out the marionette puppets (Charlie and Rat) and she and Kenzie had a blast with them. I took no pictures of that, however, which I regret. They were having such a great time. Kenzie really really liked Rat. Kaity is amazing at handling Charlie and making him look like he is really walking.

I am super thankful for this day. I loved driving in the car, listening to the girls sing along with all of the beautiful music about Jesus. Thank you, Lord. You are so AWESOME. 

No comments: