Friday, March 10, 2023

March 8 Another Tuesday

Tuesday:  We had our typical Tuesday activities today at my house. For some reason, I was extra exhausted by the time it was over; perhaps I am just OLD.

Anyway, here are a few pictures:

This is Cal's favorite car, by far. Why? Well ... if you push the button on the top of the car, it's motor starts, lights come on, and it goes quite fast!
Cal LOVES this car.
He played with it for TWO hours, on and off the track ... but then he began zooming it off table tops so that he could watch it crash below. I finally had to take the car away from him because he would not stop crashing it. It's only made of plastic and it will break! Anyway, for the most part, he had a very good time with his blue car and did very well with it.
Erin brought her special purse inside--out of her school bag--she wanted to show me her 4 pennies. She was so pleased.




Erin! You are SO darling.
Mr. Cal was quite enthralled with the train layout and all of the cars to play with. He really does a good job playing independently.
We had a special chocolate ice cream treat today!
Look at this little honey's dear face as he eats it ...



Erin happily ate her ice cream too.
Neither of the kids fell asleep on the way back to their house. We got home about 8 minutes prior to Aidan's bus arrival. I stalled the kids inside my car--I was parked in their driveway facing the street so that I could see when the bus was coming. Everything worked out in that regard, and then we all went inside together. 

This is when things got pretty WILD. At their own house, in their own environment, they really truly want what they want when they want it! I.E. FOOD! Kelly has a pantry cupboard and the kiddos just help themselves to whatever snacks they can reach. I try to deter them because I don't want them to wreck their dinner ... sigh.

Dylan and Kelly returned home--YAY! All of the kiddos are glad when that happens. I am so relieved to see them sometimes I could just ... cry! Yikes--I am getting old I think. Still thankful, though, to be a grandma to these dear ones.
 

No comments: