Sunday, March 19, 2023

March 18 Michigan's Farm Garden

Saturday Morning:  Once I had taken enough pictures at the Japanese Garden, I also walked the main path to the Michigan Farm Garden. I just KNEW there would be stuff to photograph. I just love these pictures!

First of all, I love farms! My mother's cousin (Merle) and her husband lived in a farm in Barry, Canada. Every single summer of my childhood, we spent almost one week at the farm. I loved it there--minus the flies and the smells--it was a great place to feel free. Wally (married to Merle) once brought me to a hill on their property and told me to look as far as I could see north, south, east, and west--and then he told me they owned ALL of it! I was so amazed. Right then and there, I determined in my heart that I would someday ask the Lord for an acre of land where I could grow stuff and call it my own. I wonder if He will do that -- or if that's just totally a selfish desire that will have no place whatsoever in eternity!
Couldn't you just spend HOURS here?

Such a cool old farm house!





SO ... here is the rear entrance to the Frey Boardwalk, dutifully signed and chained off from pedestrians. Did I honor it? No. I did not! Here's the thing, though: I knew that if I took about 50 steps down the boardwalk, I could get a view of the swamp exactly the place the swans usually hang out. So I very carefully stepped over the chain, took my 50 steps and ...
... this was my view. Pretty bleak! NO swans. I promptly turned around, retraced my steps, and got back to walking in a more lawful way.


I took nearly 200 pictures while I was at the Gardens. Many of them look almost like duplicates--but they are NOT... not exactly!








I could use these pictures on many-a future Christmas card. I absolutely love red barns!








I walked 2.2 miles! They were JOY-filled miles, each and every step of the way!


No comments: