Wednesday, August 2, 2023

August 1 At Miss Gloria's

Tuesday:  Most of the photos I've taken today was on our "Field Trip" to Miss Gloria's flower garden ... but I did snap a few pictures here at home before we walked over to her house.

They were a busy little bunch for the two hours we spent here. Aidan went back and forth between sketching, making a book, listening to music, and reading.


Little Cal (below) was still trying to wake up from his brief nap in my car on the way over here ...
I checked a drawing book related to POKEMAN from the library a few weeks ago, with Brendan in mind. He sure had fun drawing these characters.
Dear Erin was playing with my little dolls most of the time, as well as my new stuffy, "Chirpy" (Erin named her). If you squeeze her middle just right, she chirps just like the sound of a real bird!

Erin was quite pleased to bring Chirpy around my house to play dolls and generally get into mischief with her.

At 1:30, we gathered ourselves together and took a short walk over to Miss Gloria's house. I took a bunch of pictures last Friday of her beautiful gardens--I can't remember if I posted those photos yet; but anyway, here are the pictures I took today:

For the first little while that we were out in Miss Gloria's yard, she wasn't home. She told me she had a few errands to run and to make ourselves at home. So, we did!
Gloria had so much fun stuff outside in her comfortable yard! This is just about the only time I regret NOT having much of a yard. It was a wonderfully breezy afternoon--just right temps--and the kids sure had fun.
The blanket where Erin is sitting had a bag full of little dolls that she could dress in all kinds of outfits. I have never before seen this Fisher Price toy! Gloria said she picked it up years ago at a garage sale. 
And look at the huge wind chime! All the kiddos had fun hearing its beautiful sounds.

And she even had a tube to crawl/run through!

Cal and I played toss the bean bag for awhile. This kiddos LOVES throwing stuff ... so it was right up his alley. He's quite an accurate little pitcher!



There was also a comfortable blanket spread out with lots and lots of good reading material. Brendan found a "Wimpy Kid" book and read most of it while we were here today.





The children finally found the fairy garden and really loved it.
Here is Miss Gloria! She was born and raised in Austin, TX ... and if you heard her speak, you would never doubt it for a minute. I love her.

She even had a truck full of Matchbox/Hotwheels cars to play with. Cal was thrilled.



Do we look relaxed? We were!
Aidan made a CUBE out of these cool building toys. I've never seen these for sale anywhere either!

We spent nearly two hours outside in the fresh air, in Gloria's beautiful and welcoming back yard. We were beyond blessed!

 

No comments: