Saturday, August 12, 2023

August 10 Kaity-time

Thursday:  Kaity was soundly sleeping when I arrived over at Jesse's to pick her up--and it was THREE O'CLOCK in the afternoon! Good grief, child. Kaity explained that she hadn't slept well during the night, so she was "catching up" ... so ... she woke up, showered, and we drove over to my house to hang out and eat a meal together.

Later on, we went over to Altitude (once again) so that Kaity could practice her jumps and other acrobatic tricks she is learning on the trampoline. She's very good at it! The $10/month membership sure is a good deal at this place. I am super thankful for it. Kids NEED to run and jump and chase each other around with other children ... and laugh ... and let go! This is the perfect place for that. 

Kaity usually meets a new friend or two during our hour here. Today, however, there was a birthday party going on and most of the kids were close friends and not really looking to make new ones. Kaity was fine with that and just jumped and laughed and watched kids playing tag, etc. We do a LOT of laughing while at Altitude.


Kaity's goal is to be able to be able to launch herself to this ledge and land on her feet (no hands allowed to help). I thought I saw her do this once, but she shot me down and said she definitely hasn't been able to accomplish this yet. 


This giant "pillow" is super comfortable. I don't jump or anything, but one time I stepped over on it and SANK pretty far down. It was interesting trying to get myself OUT and able to maneuver off of it. Old age. Yuck.





Oh, Kaity. Do you know what a JOY you are? I am so thankful for you, dear one. 


No comments: