Wednesday, August 30, 2023

August 29 with Callaghan (mostly)

Tuesday:  Beginning NEXT week, I will be having Cal on Wednesday afternoons instead of Tuesdays! So this is our last Tuesday.

Cal fell asleep on the way to my house this week--probably the beautiful music I was playing. Cal doesn't demand "children's music" and seems to enjoy ALL of my favorite songs and even sings along. He is marvelous at music. I let him sleep in my car for a little while (it was very cool temperature outside--no fear of him cooking to death!) and then carried him inside to my rocking chair where he absolutely cuddled in like a sweetheart and slept another 20 minutes. I can't begin to describe the amazing comfort of those 20 minutes ... rocking this warm little child next to my heart ... 

Once awake, every time we sat down at the table for a snack or a meal, Baby Jesus and baby Bonnie HAD to be at the table with food of their own! Cal was very intentional about this and kept at me about spooning food into their mouths ...

[Years ago, Brendan named our little brown baby "Jesus" because it was near Christmas AND Kelly was really starting to "show" with Aidan.]

We spent a LOT of time zooming cars around. I've never seen a child more delighted in making cars crash together ...

We enjoyed a nice cinnamon toast treat in the afternoon ...


Our few hours HERE went by quickly! We drove over to Cal's house to await the bus with Erin and Aidan. Brendan had Cross Country practice, so Dylan was going to pick him up at 5:00. Cal and I waited inside my car, watching for the bus. Meanwhile, Cal took over the driver's seat and pushed every living button in my car--a bit disappointed because I had removed my keys--the only thing still working was the HORN, which he did enjoy beeping periodically and laughing at my alarmed facial expressions ... 
Don't you love this front window?!

We played with every little thing in the basement. I did a tiny bit of straightening up as we played.
Erin and Aidan watched a few "shows" to wind down after school. Here is Erin pretending she is a thumb sucker ... silliness!
She is cracking herself up!
I love you to pieces, Erin!
Here is "Einstein" with the controllers for the TV and video games ... he is an intense little guy.


Since Cal had not slept since about 12:15 in the afternoon, he was starting to wind down and get a little bit tired. He decided to make a "bed" out of this cardboard box ... sure ... why not?
He was quite pleased with the whole thing ...
Meanwhile, Erin requested a blanket be thrown over her on the floor so that she could go to bed as well (since Cal would not share his bed box with her).
What a bundle of character you are, CALLAGHAN!
Love these little people so much.

No comments: