Wednesday, August 9, 2023

August 8 Wild ones!

Tuesday:  I picked up FOUR very active, WILD kiddos this morning at 11am. I wasn't sure I would survive the day ... but God was good to me ... He helped me in those times when I thought I was going to "lose it", and brought all of us through, giving us a very decent day. Here are a few pictures:

If you've never heard the song, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", you will not know what I am talking about when I tell you that Cal proceeded to sing the first line of this song all the way from HIS house to MY house, without stopping or barely taking a breath, louder and louder as I drove--much to the consternation of Aidan Paul, who was on his last nerve after the first FIVE minutes of Cal's solo. 

I can still hear Cal belting it out: "In the juggle, the mighty juggle, a wyan sweeps tonight ..." , which would be hilarious if he sang it for perhaps ... ONE minute. I played some of our favorite songs on my stereo, songs the kids like and usually sing to. I tried to get Cal to switch his song to one of these other ones--but he wasn't having any of it! So ... let me correct my narration right now. After watching (and listening) to Aidan practically have a nervous breakdown in the back seat of my car (and his meltdowns are kind of on the screechy side), I slowed the car down and made it perfectly clear to Cal that he was to stop singing until we got to my house, at which time I would put HIS song on my computer and he could sing his heart out. And that's exactly what we did. Aidan recovered his wits and we managed to pull into my driveway at 11:30 without having murdered anyone.

These are the little dolls that Miss Gloria gave to us last week. I bought some tiny hair clips (butterflies and flowers) and we did their hair up fancy. We had so much fun.

Mr. Aidan played the piano quite awhile yesterday. He really enjoys the great headset Jesse gave to me (thanks so much, Jesse!).
Little Cal was very happy to hear and sing his favorite song--and soon, he forgot all about it and played with the toys that he loves at my house.


Brendan did a lot of reading: Calvin and Hobbes, as well as a "Believe it or Not" book that I checked out of the library a few days ago.
Brendan is 11.5 now. He doesn't really play with little kids toys anymore. Thankfully, he does still fool around with the magnet toys and a few other games I have. He never complains. I love him to the moon and back.
 

No comments: