Friday, August 14, 2026

August 13 Roselle Park

Thursday:  I've been trying to walk a mile per day--it's not much, but it is at least a start! I sometimes walk on the treadmill over at the exercise building here where I live. If I walk there, I also ride the stationary bike for ten minutes. I find the treadmill very ... boring. It helps if am listening to beautiful music and singing along--but I can only sing along when no one else is exercising too.

Since I was going to be out and about this afternoon before going over to Jesse's, and since I had seen how lovely it is over at Roselle Park just the other day, and since there were many trails over there that I had not explored, and also since it was hot but not terribly so, I decided to drive over to Roselle and get my mile walk accomplished that way.

Of course, I was taking pictures along the way--so this was not a breaking sweat kind of walk; but at least I was walking.

This was a very happy mile walk for me today! It's so lovely here. I felt like I was walking through oceans of wild flowers. The beauty nearly took my breath away. 

It's about a half mile walk to the river itself, but there are other paths along the way as well. I walked "the loop" today, which means I took the path that winds over to the river and then circles back to the park.


Green, green, GREEN everywhere. I just love it.

I am definitely going to walk here in the Fall when all of the colors turn ...

These twin silos are the landmark for this park. When Jesse's kids were younger, we walked up 70+ stairs to the top of the one silo because there is a lookout deck at the top that we thought would be fun to take pictures from. BUT ... every time we climbed it, the glass door to the outside deck was locked. We still got a nice view from the top, but it would have been so much better out on the deck! We were up there one spring when the Grand River flooded almost all the way up to the silos!

This is a little creek that runs off the Grand River ... a frog hopped across the pathway just as I was taking this picture.


I am thankful for the beautiful outside walk I was able to take today. I had my ear buds in and was listening to beautiful music and singing along the way--don't worry--no one else seemed to be in the park at all--so I could sing, without bothering anyone. 

No comments: