Friday, August 7, 2026

August 6 Along Mill Creek

Thursday:  On my way over to Jesse's today, I decided to TRY to get a mile walk accomplished over at the walkways along Mill Creek--just to change it up a bit from walking around my neighborhood. I'm super glad I did--it was SO beautiful today. I absolutely love wild flowers, don't you?

It was really HUMID today. Thankfully, the air temperature was only in the mid-70's so it was tolerable to take a walk outside at least.
Look at the detail at the center of this cone flower ... the pattern and the texture are so amazing.
Queen Anne's lace is right up there at the top of my favorite of all wild flowers. If you pull them out of the ground, all the way down to the stem, it looks like a carrot at the root.




Mill Creek is running pretty low. We haven't had much rain in W. Michigan the past 4-5 weeks.


After I finished walking, I visited with Jesse for awhile. I said "hi" to Kaity too, but she was mostly in her bedroom occupied with other stuff.
"Sir Purr" was over for a visit for a few days with Jesse and Kaity too. He sure is a pretty ginger cat. His LICK, though, actually hurts! I've never felt such a sandpaper-ish tongue in all my life.

Also, my sister turned 77 today. I phoned her to wish her a "Happy Birthday" but sadly, she was unaware it was her birthday. Dementia is a terrible thing to happen to a person's brain. "Please, Lord, spare my children and grandchildren the heartache of this condition happening to me."

No comments: