Sunday: We had a nice family celebration of Emma's 24th birthday today. Jesse and Kaity, Matt, Chris and Ella, Emma and Dakota all came for dinner, birthday cheesecake, and games! My cooking being what it is, thankfully dinner was not the focus. I made chicken enchiladas, which turned out just fine but I'm not sure was terribly enjoyed by everyone. But I did also have a crock-pot full of French toast (which does NOT go with Mexican food, but ... oh well!), and most of that was eaten. I don't think anyone was hungry afterwards and we took some time out before having dessert. Here are a few photos ...
I sat "the kids" around the main table (Daytona is not pictured, but he was sitting next to Kaity in that empty chair), since six people fit okay at that table.
Jesse and I sat at the round table and had a nice conversation during dinner. I am always so glad to have him come over, especially when it isn't for "maintenance" issues ... although I did have him sit at my computer and test the speakers that had been "buzzing" the last few weeks. They were not making any unusual noises today (naturally).We sang "Happy Birthday" to our birthday girl ... HOW CAN EMMA BE TWENTY-FOUR?!?!?!?! She requested no candles this year due to the fact that they melt all over the cheesecake, AND she is not a little girl anymore either.
We opened gifts -- the family's gift to her was "showing up" for her celebration! I checked Emma's "Wish list" on Amazon and cleaned it out for her! I neglected to photo the gifts inside the box, but there was a cool cupcake/pie holder, a dressy purse, and a jewelry case. And I made her card too, which is always a labor of love from me, something personal and hopefully beautiful too.
We played a game of "Apples to Apples" and I totally forgot who won. But then the REAL game was played--PACHESI! Watching these four play this game is pure entertainment. I'm not even kidding! It's hilarious. They are all SO competitive!
Ella won the game, even though she had been "sent home" more times than I could count. When four people play this game, it's a series of getting SENT home and SENDING someone home, back and forth! But the game isn't totally the roll of the dice--you do have to strategize with your four pawns and position them in the best places in order to stay ahead.
Chris was completely out of control (I'm joking) ... but look at his expression (below)!!
I hope Emma had a good time with her siblings tonight. She loves her family so much. They've been through a lot together, and family is important!
Our time together actually began with quite a surprise for ME--but I'll do a separate post on that.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear granddaughter. You mean the world to me.








No comments:
Post a Comment