Monday, August 31, 2026

August 19 at Deer Tracks

Saturday:  It was a perfect weather day to be out at Deer Tracks Junction today. Not too hot, but nice and bright and sunny! We had so much fun playing with the animals today.

Look at the little lambs! You should hear them bleating! Super cute.


And the baby pigs! They have grown a LOT in the last two weeks, since Aidan and I were here.
They definitely like fresh apples!

And the EMU! They are so, so funny. I would absolutely love to know how their brains work. Trust me, if you get too close to them with food . . . you might regret losing your hand!
But the budgies remain our favorite animal out here at Deer Track. They are super sweet. It was very crowded with people out here today, so the birds were not nearly as hungry as we've seen them before.
These Pahman kiddos are very patient when it comes to animals. Erin waited and waited, nice and quiet, for a budgie to land on her stick. Finally!


I love these photos of Erin and these little birds. Look at her sweet face as she smiles at them.
Erin saw another visitor poor some seeds into their hands so the birds would land there, so Erin did the same thing. Look how happy she is that a bird is sitting in her hand. These little guys are so soft. We are always reminded of dear Matey bird and how much we loved him when we visit the budgies.
Erin climbed around at the big playground with tunnels ... it was super crowded with kids today.


Erin is a super good climber. I missed getting a picture of her alone on this "tube", but settled for a group picture with these other children.
Erin got to hold a guinea pig--it was very feisty, photo bombed my picture (see upper middle photo), and then almost squirmed out of Erin's hand. We returned it to it's little enclosure!
Here is Erin at the corn bin ... can you find her? I did not get IN the corn today (for reasons I will not mention). I had enough fun just watching from the outside.

Here is Erin pretending to be a "corn whale" ...
I suggested she lay down and take a little nap -- I'm not kidding ... it is very comfortable to lie down in a bed of corn!


We went to see the bears, but they were not to be found very close by. The closest one we could see was very happily napping in the shade.
We visited the Prairie Dogs last. They are so cute. Erin went underneath their habitat in the tunnels ...
I took a picture of her on the way IN ...

Here she is! The sun was getting quite bright and very warm ... nearing about noon.
Erin talked me into purchasing a small stuffed animal at the gift shop. She'd had her eye on this little donkey since the LAST time we were here. At $7.99 ... could I resist during another visit? No!
We ate at Culver's. Erin asked if she could test out my catsup with her finger. She cracks me up.
Here is "Chunky" the donkey. He IS super cute.
We had to swing back by my house because we also purchased a BIRD HOUSE (for $12.99!) at the gift shop and I wanted Erin to choose where to hang it in my side yard.
Isn't it cute? It's made out of some kind of metal. I'm not at all sure any bird will make a home out of it, but it sure looks great in my side yard. Erin is a very tough shopper because everything she finds she has such exclamations about -- she is very passionate about what she loves!
Our sleepover was a very nice time together. Erin is too quickly growing up! I am going to enjoy her all that I can while I have the chance!

No comments: