Sunday: When we planned this birthday get together about two weeks ago, it was for EMMA's birthday. I can't even find words for how surprised I was when she walked in with a very BIG box and told me it was for MY birthday--wait ... what?!?!?!
And look!!! An AIR CONDITIONER!!! You could have knocked me right over with how unexpected this gift was. But boy, I will tell you--it was SO hot in my little house Sunday--mostly HUMID, but I think it was 85 degrees in here with all of the windows opened and three fans blowing on high. Sticky, yucky kind of hot. I don't generally get overwhelmed with heat--perhaps a few times a year--but this was one of those days. It didn't help that I had the oven on at 375 degrees because I was baking the enchiladas.
Thankfully, between Jesse, Emma, and Dakota, they figured how to install it, get it going, and it didn't take terribly long before we could feel the difference! YAY!I did reconfigure my furniture a little bit to accommodate it. I'm not sure I will keep it this way or not. David comes to visit in two weeks and he is Mr. DIY himself. He may have an idea or two as to its placement. But for now, this is working just fine.
The other grandchildren were here on Tuesday and were very glad to know they didn't have to put up with the heat in my house anymore. They keep their house on the cold side (in my opinion). We still had plenty of space to do everything we usually do around here and we were not sweating hot the whole time.
I have a few gifts given to me over the years that are really special--one is the painting hanging over my piano. Jesse gave that to me years ago. He saw it at a flea market (I think) and just HAD to purchase it for me because he knew I would love it. I DO love it, because it was given in love.
The same goes for this surprise gift -- it is really one of the nicest gifts I have ever received . . . I know the love that went into purchasing this and am really really happy to receive it. I can't find quite the right words to tell you how loved I feel. Thank you, dear Emma.



No comments:
Post a Comment