Wednesday, August 19, 2026

August 16 Emma's Card

This is the birthday card I designed for Emma's birthday this year. Thankfully, taking photos of Emma and Dakota back in July over at Muskegon State Park gave me some good pictures to work with.

 FRONT:  Can you see Emma walking toward me in this picture? This was such a happy day! "Happy are those whose hope is in the LORD their God. He is the One who made heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them. He is the One who keeps every promise forever . . ." Psalm 146.5  I have been so happy seeing Emma put her hope in the Lord more and more this year. How wonderful that He keeps every single promise He has made FOREVER.

INSIDE:  I love this quote from "Anne of Green Gables". Emma and I watched the Kevin Sullivan production of the whole Anne series years and years ago. In fact, we watched it multiple times. I was so pleased when Emma told me she had listened to all seven books on Youtube--I think it's an audio book situation. Emma said they really do a great job with it. I'm so intrigued that I'm going to have to take a listen to it! In the video production, Anne and Diana are outside of the White Sands Hotel after Anne has given her recitation--Diana was saying she would love to be rich like the people who regularly frequented the hotel. But Anne responded with this:

BACK:  This verse from Hebrews is one we at Calvary have said at the close of all of our summer worship services. Do you see Emma running down the beach? 
That's my prayer for all of us -- to RUN the race Christ has marked out for us, keeping our eyes on Jesus who has never failed us and has shown us how He wants us to live. What a wonderful Savior He is!

No comments: