Wednesday, August 5, 2026

August 4 Sweeties!

Tuesday:  We had a very good day today! We played many games that we hadn't played in a very long time--games these guys requested AND variations (invented by the kids) of each game--these kids are very creative. I love to laugh and play with them.

This is my TETRA game, which is very fun to play with the proper rules; but these guys switched it up quite a bit and an entirely new game came out of it!
I had the TREEHOUSE (which belongs to Kaity) out on my coffee table, and Gregory and Erin played and played with it, making up all kinds of stories with the animals and people. Brendan brought one of his hand-held games, but he also played SUDUKO on my computer for awhile.
I love this picture of Aidan.
Right before I was ready to prepare lunch, we had a plumbing incident ... no one was truly to blame ... just too many kids using the same toilet without proper flushing and too much toilet paper; hence, an overflow of epic proportions! Yikes. Thankfully (because I asked for HIS help), I didn't "lose it" or become overly anxious or grumpy about the escapade. It did take awhile to clean up since the bathroom floor was inundated with water and other undesirables; but the kiddos didn't interrupt my cleaning, and eventually everything was back in working order. 
Last week I had gotten out my almost completely never used (!!) "Battleship" game and the kids really had fun with it, which surprised me because it it NOT a video game!
Here is Erin making up quite an intricate story involving the Playmobile children and treehouse. Cal doesn't let Erin do ALL of the storytelling--he is very good at it himself.
I think we have about three more weeks before all four of these sweeties return to school full time. Fall will be upon us and another summer gone ... thank you, Lord, for each day You give to us.

No comments: