Sunday, September 10, 2023

September 7 with KT

Thursday:  Because of my recent "siblings weekend" up north, it had been TWELVE days since I had last seen Kaity--I missed her and was happy to pick her up and spend a few hours with her today.

I'm posting this now 3-4 days later and I can't remember ... but I think we played a few UNO games, ate dinner, and then went over to Altitude.

I only have these four pictures to post:

Kaity on the trapeze! Of all of the stuff you can do at Altitude, this doesn't seem to be a favorite of Kaity's. I think most likely it's because there is a staff person right next to you monitoring your every move. I think. if Kaity was allowed a little bit more freedom here, she would stick around longer. But I understand that they have to monitor this area closely in order to be fair and allow everyone time to jump--there is often a long line of kids waiting their turn. Many of them like to swing back and forth a few times and then do a trick as they drop to the cushion below. The rules, however, state they can only do ONE swing back and forth before they jump.
A few weeks ago when we were here, Kaity met two friends that were very entertaining. Matthew and Jason are brothers (ages 14 and 16) who are excellent jumpers and do all kinds of stunts on the trampolines. I'm talking MAJOR flips (backward and forward, multiple times in a row), and lots of other very cool things. Kaity and I watched them in amazement on our initial time seeing them and somehow got into conversations with them. Anyway, we had been at Altitude perhaps 20 minutes tonight when they came in through the door. Kaity was on the trapeze, so I walked over and told her that "those guys" had just walked in the door!
Kaity knew exactly who I meant! She got to hang around them for a little while tonight and pick up some helpful hints about her "stunts" that she does on the trampoline. Both Matthew and Jason are enjoyable people--they even included this old granny in their conversations!
It was very fun watching you jump tonight, Kaity! And I love laughing with you too. It's very nice to be your grandma.


No comments: