Tuesday, September 12, 2023

September 9 Olivet vs Wooster

Saturday Afternoon:  I had no idea that Jesse could STREAM Chris's football games until just minutes after picking Kaity up from Diana. We zoomed over to my house to watch what was left of the game! Kaity and I brought up Jesse's stream and enlarged the screen. We came in on the fourth quarter with Olivet losing by 8 points (I think). 

Chris is a sophomore at Olivet UNIVERSITY this year and made the (kind of) starting line-up of the football team. He plays defense and even qualified for the "traveling" team, which is quite a privilege. Since I missed the first three quarters, I will have to take Jesse's word on how he felt Olivet played. He told me the first half was a disaster and that they played pretty badly. However, they came alive during the second half and did much better.

Kaity and I watched as Olivet scored a touchdown, but missed the 2-point conversion--so the game ended at Wooster 24, Olivet 22. Kaity was completely entertained listening to me jump around and scream during the quarter of the game we were able to watch. I forgot how much I scream during games--but she totally cracked up the entire time!

Chris did not play this game--but in all fairness, this was a tight scoring game (once Olivet got their act together). I'm just glad Chris is on the team and I'm proud at how hard he has trained for and worked on his football career. Good job, Chris.

No comments: