Saturday, September 30, 2023

September 30 The Comets Win!!

Saturday: I have a ton of pictures to post from the football game today: Olivet University vs Alfred State College (located somewhere in New York), a home game for Christopher (defense). This is the first college game I have attended at Olivet and I am so glad we were able to get tickets and that Jesse drove us there and back. It was a super nice time--the weather was much warmer than I had anticipated, but beautiful. 

Chris played during the third quarter and felt good about it. Olivet won the game--it wasn't even close--40 to 20.

Pictures to follow ...

The players taking the field:

Chris is #31 and plays DEFENSE:
All of these "sideline" pictures are of Chris's back. I have a few of him when Kaity and I screamed his name so that he would turn around--but the sun was right in his eyes when he turned and those pictures are not worth posting! Pictures of his back turned out just fine!

I enjoyed watching Chris interact with teammates. I'm so glad he has these friendships.









COMETS marching band took the field during Half Time with a tribute to George Gershwin, one of my very favorite American composers!
The game was dominated by Olivet ... they always were in the lead; and for the most part, it wasn't even close.

I hadn't planned on it being so HOT out in that sun on the stands ... I decided to take a walk and look around the area a little bit--and wouldn't you know it? Chris played during the 3rd quarter and I missed seeing him IN the game. So typical of me! Yikes. 
I tried to find some shade, but there wasn't any in view of the game.
I finally returned to the stands for the fourth quarter. It was a good game! It's nice to WIN!
The final score was 40 Olivet and 20 Alfred State. Although when I looked up the game on-line afterwards, they have the score 40/19 for some reason.

Post-game photos follow ...


No comments: