Sunday, July 14, 2024

July 13 Painting with KT

Saturday:  I picked Kaity up from Diana today at 3:00. I've been wanting to let her paint a rock or two for a long time now (she has asked repeatedly); but haven't gotten up the courage to get all the supplies out and make sure the time spent is a positive experience for Kaity. Truth? I'm rather lazy and sometimes very pessimistic about outcomes. But I prayed about it on Friday and asked the Lord to just give me the extra "oomph" I needed to give this a try. I decided to go on the internet and look up rock painting, little animals; and then I printed off samples of what we might try to do. I found some really cute pictures, very colorful, and not too difficult to pull off.

Kaity was VERY enthused. Yay. I love to see her face "light up" with anticipation and challenge. I got all the supplies out before I picked Kaity up and we got started almost immediately after entering my place. First we went outside and picked three rocks each from near my lighthouse and birdbath area.

Here are some pictures:

Kaity did so well not getting paint everywhere! 

Look how nice Kaity's rock turned out?!?!?
It even matched her shirt! Good job, Kaity.
I will not even show you the beginnings of my turtle rock. It's pretty pathetic so far; but I'm not giving up.

Kaity received a text from her friend, Ayden, about meeting him over at Altitude near 6:00; so that's what we did. It's been many months since I've seen Ayden! I've missed him. He and Kaity play really well together--a little bit ROUGH, but they do have fun together.


What a nice 5 hours with you, Kaity! I'm so thankful you are my granddaughter.

No comments: