Sunday, July 7, 2024

July 6 Meet Gabe!

Saturday:  When I was with Kaity on Thursday, she mentioned that her friend, Gabe, was going to come over and hang out with her Saturday afternoon over at her dad's place. I figured that meant that I would not get to meet him--that Kaity wouldn't want to come over to her old gramma's house with a classmate (who is a very special friend to her). But I was mistaken about what Kaity wanted to do. She actually wanted to come over and bring Gabe with her. How very lovely of dear Kaity.

This first set of pictures is of Kaity and Gabe at my house, making giant bubbles out in the yard ... there are a LOT of pictures--but I love them all!

I ordered these bubble "wands" from A-zon a few years ago--they can be a little tricky to use; but both Kaity and Gabe did great with them. If you're not careful, they can get awfully tangled and twisted; but these two handled them well--look at the cool bubbles they made!


You sure have a nice smile, Kaity!




I love seeing Kaity have this much fun ... Kaity is a people person ... like 100%. She gets along well with lots of different kinds of people too, which is such a good thing. It seemed like Gabe was having a good time too. I had been worried that he would feel nervous over here at a "strange" place; but he did not at all appear to be unhappy.

Aren't the shapes of these bubbles so funny?
I think Gabe made the LONGEST bubbles ...



They finally began breaking each other's bubbles as soon as they left the wand ...


Whoa, Kaity! That's a REALLY long bubble!





Now and then a bubble would get away from them before they could smash it ... and would sail away ...















After they were finished making bubbles, Kaity and Gabe came inside to eat some tacos I had prepared. Kaity asked me to make them for Gabe, even though she does not particularly like tacos. So I made tacos! I love tacos, so Gabe and I ate our tacos while Kaity ate ... nothing! Not even all of the watermelon I cut up for her. Goodness, Kate!

We played a little bit of foosball after we ate, and then Kaity and Gabe just hung out while I cleaned up dinner. Kaity suggested that we go over to Dwight Lydel Park and show Gabe the cool climbing stuff over there, so that's what we did (see next post).

Also, while Kaity and Gabe were outside, I showed Gabe all of my painted rocks and he read all of the Scripture on them out loud.



 

No comments: