Saturday, July 27, 2024

July 25 A different perspective

Thursday:  Kaity and I did all of our usual stuff at my house today: UNO (x3), dinner, hanging out, etc.; and then we drove over to Altitude at about 6:30 for Kaity to jump.

I usually sit on one of the square platform areas and wiggle my way to an area where I can lean my back against while taking pictures of Kaity. TODAY, I actually had Kaity's help to be hoisted UP, UP, UP to the higher platform where I was very up close and personal and was able to take a few pictures of Kaity from a different viewpoint. I liked being up there very much--and kids jump up there all the time and make it look easy--but it's NOT easy to get up there--it's about a 6' straight padded wall to climb and then you can get up to the platform that is there. I watch kids jump on the trampolines and actually jump high enough to make it; or some of them jump just high enough to get their hands on the top and then use their feet to climb the padded wall to the top. I did not get up there either of those ways. Kaity has very strong arms, so she just made a little "step" with her hands, I stepped into it, and then grabbed the ledge and pushed my way up. 

If you look at the second collage of pictures, middle row on the left where Kaity is standing--that's the ledge I ended up sitting upon to take these pictures. Doesn't Kaity look happy while she jumps? She jumps very high sometimes--and it almost looks like she can FLY!


Kaity's been jumping now for almost two years. She has gotten quite skilled at a lot of "moves" and is quite unafraid. She also does front flips and lands them very well too. She hasn't tried the back flip because that one she IS afraid to do; so I always tell her not to do anything she is unsure of (because of injury danger).
I'm just glad Kaity likes it here and actually runs around and gets a good physical work-out while she is doing it. She has one of those cool watches that tell how many calories are burned while you are doing a certain activity--the other night at Altitude, she burned 1100 calories in an hour. 

I love you, dear Kaity. You are growing up so fast! Which reminds me--we measured Kaity at my house tonight and found out she has grown AGAIN! When we measured her last October, she was 5'1; however, she is NOW 5'4"! She grew 3" in 9 months! Wow. Just WOW.

No comments: