Thursday Evening: This is the week! Chris and Ella are to be married two days from now, and tonight was the wedding rehearsal over at Whippoorwill Farms (their wedding venue). It was a really beautiful evening as everyone gathered to go over all of the details of the upcoming ceremony and reception. The wedding photographers, planners, the pastor, the wedding party, parents, grandparents, and everyone else in the family who could make it were there--Emma and Kota did not have enough notice to request time off from their jobs, so they were unable to come.
I took a few pictures (just a few) of the happenings ...
Here is the Best Man--Tyler (also Chris's best friend for probably a dozen years now)
Pastor Lou running through some of the details of the ceremony--directing the wedding party as to where they should stand, etc. and going over a few things with the bride and groom.Chris looked very solemn as they practiced their vows ...
Matt is also in the wedding party--see him? He is right next to Tyler . . . and here comes the bride ... being walked down the aisle by her dad.
A nice smile from Chris! Tyler is taking it all in ...
I didn't get any pictures of Ella's face during any of this time. Why? Because I am NOT the wedding photographer, and I most certainly have been in the way. I took these pictures from where I was told to stand/sit during the rehearsal.
When all of the formalities of the rehearsal were rehearsed, everyone went into the barn for pizza and celebration. I wandered around a little bit outside because it was so pretty out there, AND rain is 90% predicted for Saturday. Ouch. We had a brief rehearsal inside their little chapel (plan B in case it rains), but I didn't take any pictures inside of it because it wasn't well lit.
This is inside the barn where we ate our pizza and visited with family. I love barns! This is an especially pretty one.
There were a few goat and donkeys wandering the fields. I'm not sure WHICH donkey (below) let out a mournful "HE-HAW" during the actual wedding ceremony (Saturday), but I sure was relieved that it was only ONE outburst and not a prolonged number.
Isn't it so pretty here? A very nice venue, unless of course you would rather be married in a church--which is my preference ... but perhaps it's because I am old. Anyway, I love the sky in these picture.
Across the grassy yard, the white building is where the reception will be held. I took a few shots in here because I really liked how it looked, PLUS I was relieved that the reception would not be out in the rather chilly barn.
Two more days ...
















No comments:
Post a Comment