Thursday afternoon: With the help of David's GPS, we found the parking lot to the lighthouse. There was one of those signs with a map on it and it gave us two choices for our walk to the lighthouse. We could either use the designated pathway, which was NOT on the beach but within sight of it; OR, we could actually walk the beach.
It was a no brainer! We chose to walk the beach . . .
Isn't this the sweetest little bridge ever?
We walked along on the beach for quite awhile ...
But then we reached a point where the rocks were too jagged and the shoreline too skinny to be walked any further!
Thankfully, there was a staircase upwards to the pathway above ... and a beautiful pathway it was!
I took SO MANY pictures looking down the bluff to the rocks and lake below ...
These will all make beautiful cards some day ...
After walking for quite a bit, we looked below and it looked as though the beach had widened and would make walking there possible once again ... so we did.
Aren't the rocks so cool? You would have thought that I planned ahead and brought a container to collect the rocks, right? Sigh.
Just imagine the Scripture that will match this gorgeous place!
Isn't this a nice picture of David? And the one below too!
It was right about at this point when I was pointing my camera south down the beach when my "charge battery" light/message went on. I could not believe it. It was fully charged the day before! I was so bummed.
Thankfully, I did have my phone in my pocket; but I so badly wanted to take pictures of the lighthouse with me camera. The following pictures, and every single lighthouse picture thereafter, was taken with my phone.
Look at these crazy beautiful stones.Oh! I forgot to mention. The beach walk option boasted that we would see the remains of THREE shipwrecks. Hmmm.
Here is what is left of one of the ships that wrecked in the late 1800's. I guess it's cool, but I was hoping to find something more ship-like than just a few boards . . .
We saw this rather precarious stairway leading back up to the pathway. We did not take it because there was still very visible beach to walk.
What we soon found out, though, was that we SHOULD have taken this stairway UP ...



























No comments:
Post a Comment