Thursday, September 10, 2026

September 3 Work and Travel

Thursday:  David got started on "the list" first thing Thursday morning. He got half of the house power washed, but when switching the power out to do the other side of the house, my power washer decided to STOP. David couldn't get it going for anything. We concluded (actually, David did) that my power washer was water logged and would need to dry out before it could be used again.

SO ... we switched our plans and headed north a day earlier than we had figured. I fixed David a double smash-burger with Swiss cheese, which he actually liked! We packed up the car and were headed out by about 2:00 in the afternoon.

We decided we would drive up to Mackinac City and have it be our "base" for the next two days of travel. We checked in at the Days Inn, but had to switch our room (because of a musty smell). We ate dinner at "The Hook" and then shopped around the little shops in the city. David bought a cool wooden sign for his new camper/trailer that was carved especially with HOLTZHOUSE on it with a picture of a camper that looks a lot like theirs. 

I wish I had taken a picture of the cool sign that David bought, but I didn't! 

No comments: