Saturday: We decided to do a little more shopping, while in Mackinac City, and then have some fish 'n chips at little restaurant in the shopping area. We were set to start our drive back to Grand Rapids by about 6:30 in the evening. I asked David if we could take a little side drive so that I could get a few more pictures of the bridge ... and of course, Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse.
Years ago while I was with Emma, we found a road that was west of the bridge with a small parking area and a nice long stretch of beach to walk and photograph the bridge. Those pictures could not be recovered when my computer crashed, so I thought it would be really nice if I could find that same area and just take the pictures all over again. However, I couldn't find that place west of the bridge ... so we settled for the east side instead.I was glad to get a few good pictures of this lighthouse. When Emma and I were here eight years ago, there was a scaffolding along the tower because they were working on restoration--but that scaffolding kind of messed with my pictures.
I will gladly use these pictures for many cards in the future!
We found a gas station, filled up, and headed back to Grand Rapids.












No comments:
Post a Comment