Friday Evening: The Sunday school class I attend at Calvary is called "Growing in Relationships" and has a 31 year history of being a class. Tonight the class invited everyone to a celebratory potluck in the newly renovated space at the church. It was a fun night of people remembering the early days of the class, how people met and got married, film clips from days gone by, etc.
Bev invited Ted to come, so I facilitated that! Ted was introduced to everyone he hadn't met at the last social gathering, and it turned out that he actually knew 2-3 people that went way back in his life--it's a small world. It's always fun to be with these two because they always run into someone they know and the they talk about old days together. Ted is 92 and Bev is 91, so they have quite a lot of people that they know and even though these two "old folk" just met each other six months ago, they keep finding common old friends that they have!
Ted and Bev . . .This "room" is at the far west end of Calvary's buildings.
They tried to gather everyone for a group picture, but the group has gotten so large that they had to split the group into three separate pictures. I only took this one picture. I can't name every single person in this picture, but I have become acquainted with quite a few of them this past year and am glad about it.
I think the average age of people in this class is right around 80, so I'm one of the young ones!




No comments:
Post a Comment