Tuesday, May 14, 2024

May 11 Back with KT!

Saturday:  I messaged Kaity this morning to tell her I was "home" from Florida, and if she didn't already have other plans, she was invited to come over! She responded that she was excited to see me too and she had no other plans at all. Yay!

I can't remember the last time I have NOT seen Kaity in TWO solid weeks! Two years ago I went to Florida, but I don't think I was gone for 2 weeks. Anyway, it sure was good to see Kaity this afternoon. It was good to see Jesse too! It's so much fun to come home from a trip and be greeted by the folk you love, isn't it?

Kaity and I came over to my little house and hung out for awhile, just as we always do. Kaity showed me some funny videos from her phone. I made us our usual hotdog meal and cut up fresh watermelon (Kaity loves watermelon), and other snacks, and then I forced (!!) Kaity to look at my vacation pictures, and then I showed her the few souvenirs I bought in Florida. I bought 5 little finger puppets at a gift shop that are pretty cute. One is a little mouse. Kaity said it was her favorite, and that it reminded her of Ratatoullie. We were trying to think of names for all of them: a hedgehog, an owl, a hummingbird, and a gecko. I've only named the gecko (his name is Echo). Kaity named the little mouse Ratatoullie, which reminded her of the Pixar movie by the same name--so we rented it and watched about 1/3 of it (we'll finish it Thursday).

We left for Altitude just after 6:30 and messaged Megan to see if the girls wanted to be picked up too. It turned out that only Kenzie could come, and Megan met us over at Altitude. Kaity and Kenzie had a good time jumping, and I had fun watching them.

This s not a very good picture of Kaity and Kenzie--I think I goofed up with using my phone somehow. We were surprised at how few kids were here on a weekend night--but it sure was nice that the girls could actually jump without having to crash into people.

It sure was nice to be with you today, Kaity! You too, Kenzie!

No comments: