Monday, May 20, 2024

May 17 Jesse's Birthday

Friday:  Today is Jesse's birthday! We have a tradition of going out for lunch on his birthday, and have gone to Brann's Steak House the past few years. But this year, I heard of a restaurant that I have never been to that is dedicated to veterans and first responders, etc., so I invited Jesse to pick me up and take us there!

We went to Mission BBQ on the Beltline (over by Knapps Corner). It was truly veteran-friendly and was decorated very patriotically. Jesse ordered a salmon meal, and I ordered the beef--both were smoked and seasoned just right. Neither one of us chose BBQ! We enjoyed a nice time together. Forty-four FEELS like it ought to be MY age--not Jesse's; but time is so weird, isn't it?

I snapped a too-quick picture of Jesse while we were eating. I usually take a half dozen pictures, just to be sure I got a good one--but I just picked up my phone and snapped one real quick; hence, Jesse's eyes are closed. That's okay. It's still him! 

I also made a card just for him:


Inside of card:


Back of card:


You ARE a joy to me, Jesse. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments: