Tuesday, May 21, 2024

May 18 Harper's Party

Saturday evening: On the way home from Cal's party, I picked Kaity up from her mom at about 3:30. One of her close friends, Harper, has a birthday party today as well--and Kaity is not an early riser. Kaity opted to just go to Harper's party and not attend Cal's today. I told her that was up to her entirely; but that the little kids would miss her!

Kaity and I came over to my place and hung out for awhile. We played four games of UNO--Kaity won three of them! !!! I'm going to have to polish up on my UNO skills!

Here are a few pictures of Harper's party. Her folks attend a small church over on Kutsill Avenue, and that's where Harper's party was. They rented a bouncy house and invited a lot of their family and friends to celebrate with them.

They decided that this small pool would NOT be filled with water--mostly because they hadn't asked their guests to bring swim suits and towels. That makes sense. Instead, this area was used to LAND in ...
Harper loves bouncy houses!
I'm not exactly sure HOW Kaity is hanging upside down here ... but it sure makes a good picture.




Most of the guests had not arrived yet when I took these pictures. Later on in the evening, this was solid with kids.

I love these pictures of you, Kaity!


 Megan (Harper's mom) organized a lot of fun games for the kiddos to play. One of the games was trying to grab the 5 stickie notes off everyone's backs before THEY grabbed the ones off YOUR back.
They also played a game of climbing through a hula-hoop. Kaity's team won.


Lots and lots of presents for Harper to open!
Harper did a very nice job opening her gifts and thanking her friends and family.

The gift-giver sat in the chair next to Harper as she was opening each gift--that way, the giver gets to actually SEE the gift being opened, and interact with the birthday girl--I like this way of opening gifts very much.
Since Diana was also at the party (and Emma too!), and would be taking Kaity back to her house, I finally left the party at about 8:15 and came home to my dear little house. It had been a 2-party day, and I was ready for Q-U-I-E-T!! But it was a very nice day.

No comments: