Thursday, May 16, 2024

May 15 Cal's birthday at HIS house

Wednesday:  I asked Kelly if it would be okay if I brought birthday cupcakes for everyone to have for dessert tonight--since Cal's party isn't until Saturday. Erin was a little stressed that there would be no birthday cake for his actual birthday, so last week she announced (!!) that I would be bringing cupcakes for everyone to enjoy. Erin has agenda's, believe me. I readily agreed to her plan, and it worked out just great. I was even able to go to that fabulous bakery near the ZOO and pick up a gluten-free cupcake for Kelly. Unfortunately, I ate something during the day that upset my stomach; so I couldn't eat anything the rest of the day without negative results, so I refrained from eating.

Look at the anticipation ...
Kelly does such a great job remaining cool with so much going on around her all at once. I'm lousy at it! I am growing bit by bit, but it sure is a struggle for me. 
Dear Aidan's face ... 
The only SAD thing that happened all day was this: While playing "Capture the Flag" during gym class, someone collided (with force) with Brendan's face and leg. He is all black and blue and swollen. He is the sweetest person, so my heart really ached to think he was hurting. He handled himself very well, however. He is not a complainer.
Cal eyeballing his four-candled cupcake ...

Erin, trying to restrain herself from blowing the darn thing out ...

Cal! You did such a great job blowing out all of the candles!

Cal really enjoys chocolate!


Erin too ...
I love these pictures of her so much.


And THEN it was time to open presents from his folks and Uncle Shane too.
Cal got some very fancy shirts from his mom and dad--one with dinosaurs, a nice beach one, and I think the other one is a LION!
Aidan and Erin trying to contain themselves during the present opening ... they always like to HELP the process and end up being a little too helpful in the process ...

Cal also got one of those cool dinosaurs that ROAR and move a little bit. I came SO close to buying one of those for him the other day when I was shopping!

When it was time to open Uncle Shane's present, this was what ALL of the kiddos shouted: "Uncle Shane gives the BEST presents!" He does, too! Cal was thrilled to find the softest "stuffy" of a T-Rex (his favorite dinosaur). This is the perfect gift for little Cal.

The roaring dinosaur from his folks ...
I asked Cal to pose with his favorite presents. Erin LOVES a good photo shoot and didn't pass up the opportunity to do a wee bit of posing ...

I love these pictures of the THREE littles ...

Oh.my.word. They are so adorable.
Brendan--you are adorable too, but you are too old now to refer to you that way. But I CAN say that you are a very handsome young man, because you are.

It was such a fun time with everyone today. I am super thankful the Lord has allowed me the privilege of being a mom and a grandma too. It's far easier to be a grandma than a mother, but I am thankful for both.

No comments: