Thursday, May 16, 2024

May 15 Cal's Birthday, at my house

Wednesday:  Little Cal turned FOUR today!!! He's been looking forward to this birthday for weeks and weeks. Time goes so slowly for little ones. When I picked him up from school at noon, he announced to me: "Now I am a REALLY big boy, gwamma!" I told him I agreed completely! 

I did a few simple decorations at my house--nothing fussy--his REAL party is on Saturday at HIS house with friends. But since today is his REAL date of birth, I thought it might be OK to just give Cal a small present, blow up some balloons, and have a birthday cupcake. He seemed to appreciate it very much. 

Isn't he a darling little boy?

I put Cal's favorite dinosaur puppet (Rocky) on top of his dinosaur cup just for fun ... Cal's roars pretty authentically as a T-Rex!

Here he is holding his passenger airplane (below). The super sonic jet plane didn't get photo'd. He flew both of them all over my place today and we had such fun with them.
This darling little face ... before I lit the candle, he kept saying: "Get the fire, get the FIRE, gwamma!"
Cal had eaten a rather hearty lunch, but I had promised he could have his cupcake as soon as he was finished with his hotdog (I only gave him a 1/2), but when it came to eating his cupcake, he was really only interested in the frosting ... but insisted I save the cake part for him to eat later.
Cutie ...

I also had party blowers that made the weirdest sound! Cal enjoyed them very much.

We played at our gravel pit for a long time this afternoon. Cal thought it would be appropriate to land our airplanes there so they could help the trucks do the work ... so ... we landed the airplanes and they went to work.

I love to watch Cal play. He is so imaginative and his sound effects are great!

Cal slept in my car as we drove back to his house. We arrived in time to get the littles off their bus. Pictures to follow of celebrating Cal's birthday with his mom and dad and siblings.


No comments: