Monday, October 7, 2024

October 1 and 2 More home improvement!

Tuesday and Wednesday:  David worked a full eight hours (remotely) on Monday (8-5:00), but the next 3 days he works from 9-1:00 pm. SO ... that meant our afternoons were free to do more projects around the Beach House--David did ALL of the work--I was just kind of there in case he needed anything "fetched" from my very messy tool drawer. I took a few pictures along the way--but I really need to do a BEFORE & AFTER post to really show you the positive impact of our projects. 

This is our handy power washer. David put it together and operated it--I have zero clue as to how he connected all of the hoses and cords ... so I am super thankful he knows all about this kind of stuff.

Look at the picture below: see how GREEN the skirting looks on the Left compared to the Right?

David also plans to power wash my entire driveway. He has a bleach solution he uses for the toughest dirtiest places--which works amazingly!
We also cleaned out my shed Tuesday and Wednesday. This is all of the trash we hauled out to the street for the trash dudes to pick up Thursday morning.
Can you see the difference in the driveway where David is standing--compare it to the bottom half of this picture to see how grossly DIRTY it was. Plus--see the cement edgers David placed around the perimeter of the driveway? Doesn't it look SO MUCH BETTER?!?!?!

It just has a nice, finished look to it now and I am so pleased.
And look at the back patio!!!!! The lighter color is where David has power washed and the dark stuff is all the crud that will be removed once David is finished. We also decided to line the perimeter of this little patio area with cement blocks, and it really improved the appearance so much.

David is a regular work horse. Goodness sakes! He's like that battery that never dies! I could not keep up with him, but I surely was thankful for his energy, his resourcefulness, his confident and capable execution of every job on my list. Wow. What a guy.

No comments: