Wednesday, October 2, 2024

September 28 My brother is here!!!!

Saturday:  I picked David up at the airport last night at about 9:30. He took a direct Allegiant Air flight from St. Petersburg. Hurricane Helene did massive damage throughout Florida, Georgia, N. and S. Carolina, and even into Tennessee. We were a little uncertain whether air traffic was back up and running, and I am so thankful that David made it here safely and that all of his family remained safe throughout the storm.

David is staying with me until NEXT Sunday when I return him to the airport by 4:30 am. He tells me he will be back to his place in time for church, and then he has a big project going on with Andrew in the afternoon.

Speaking of projects ... David asked me to make a list of DIY stuff around my little place so that he could work on the list when he wasn't working his regular job. David is able to work remotely anywhere he can connect to his special network. He has worked his job in camp grounds, up at Rachel's (Georgia) -- but would it work in Michigan? Thankfully--YES!

I ordered a power washer off of Amazon and got a very nice price on it too--it's exactly the same model David has at his home in Florida. Saturday, he power washed the first half of my house--what an amazing difference it made! My house looks NEW!! 

I am posting mainly BEFORE pictures in this post, just to show you how dirty my little house was! It turns GREEN with yucky dirty mossy stuff on it.









I'll post "AFTER" pictures once he has finished doing the house. David is probably the hardest worker I have ever met. He just keeps going and going!! Wait until you see how nice this driveway looks in a few days ...

No comments: