Tuesday, October 8, 2024

October 4 A very busy Friday

Friday:  I picked Cal up from Kelly's work place this morning at 11am. We drove on over to my little place, ate lunch, played with everything available (almost) ... even decorating my little fake heater with magnets (which we've never done before):



We also read a few books, had snacks, played with a ton of little cars, etc. I sat Cal down at about 2:30 to watch a video while I put toys away and washed up our lunch dishes. We drove back to Cal's house in time to get the kids off their bus. Kelly promised them chocolate popsicles when they came home from school today, so that's what they are consuming in these pictures:



Aidan was boasting to me that he could ride his bike AND eat a chocolate popsicle, so he demonstrated his skill to me ...

We played outside as well as inside. My favorite time was reading "Calvin and Hobbes" on the front porch with Brendan. He is such an excellent reader and has such a wonderful sense of humor. I love to laugh with him.
Dylan and Kelly were home in time for me to leave at 6:00 tonight. I had plans to meet Ruthanne and Terry and my brother for dinner at Buddie's Pizza--everything worked out just fine. I need to, in future weeks, stay with Dylan and Kelly more into the evening so that I can chat with them a little bit too; otherwise, we don't spend any time together and I miss out on their company. 

No comments: