Tuesday:
Women's Bible study began today. Well--actually, it began last Tuesday morning, but the church had a major power outage and the morning study had to be canceled. I've been going to Bible study on Monday evenings for years now, but decided (for many reasons) to sign up for Tuesday morning this year instead. My friend, Julie, requested that we be together in whatever small group was assigned; so we are indeed in the same group. This year we are doing an in-depth inductive study of the letter to the Hebrews. I am happily anticipating this! We had a good first session, received our study books, broke up into our small groups and introduced ourselves around the table. I was happy to find Wendy and her daughter, Amanda, in my small group. They live here at the village, but in the north section; in fact, they were directly across the street from my sister and Terry when they lived here and were very good neighbors to them.
After study dismissed, Julie and I ate lunch together--something we have not been able to do since last spring! I love her friendship so much, and it was great to catch up on each other's lives while eating the best fried chicken EVER.
The afternoon was spent over at Dylan and Kelly's--just doing a little bit of cleaning for them while waiting for the kiddos to get off the bus at about 4pm. We enjoyed our usual cinnamon toast, talked about their day at school, and then they all went outside to play! Erin went down to Emmy's, Cal crossed the street to play with Caden, and Aidan went to Aurien's (I have no idea how to spell this child's name). They all came and went for the next hour or two, playing inside and outside in the back yard. Brendan was at cross country, so I didn't get to visit with him today.
A few weeks ago, Gregory had made a book while at my house which I thought he had made for ME; however, it turns out that he made it to show to his family; so I brought it over to him today. Here he is showing it to Erin who is doing her best to follow the story and read the words Cal has written.When Brendan was in the upper elementary grade, his choir teacher was a phenomenal woman who really (1) loved kids, (2) loved and understood music, and (3) knew how to encourage children to sing with all their hearts. No matter what song the children were singing, it was just enjoyable to watch them in action.
I don't know much about this high school choir teacher, but I find him much less than phenomenal. Perhaps it's his choice of music ... or perhaps his "odd" personage. I don't know what it is exactly. However, Brendan LOVES music, learns the songs, and performs with everything he's got. I love to watch his face when he sings (although sometimes it's difficult to SEE his face) because he is so expressive. His body is 100% into it too. I love this about Brendan so much.
I think the only song I recognized was "Jolene" (Dolly Parton) and also a version of "My Country Tis of Thee". The rest was old jazz pieces. I've never been a huge fan of jazz, although some I like very much--Gershwin, for example.





No comments:
Post a Comment