Monday, March 14, 2022

March 11 Aidan is FIVE

Friday:  Today is Aidan's birthday. His party is tomorrow--hopefully Erin will be recovered enough by then to allow guests in the house--she has had a head cold this week and has been pretty miserable. Aidan has been looking forward to turning FIVE for months now. Erin too ... we have to keep reminding her that she has to turn FOUR first. To this, she always responds: "Oh, ya." 

I failed to photograph the presents I picked out for Aidan, so I'll just have to describe them. First, Aidan very much wanted a few Pigeon books (Mo Willems). I ordered a 3-pack that comes in a paper school bus packaging. One of the three books is:  "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" (one of our favorites) I think another one is about Pigeon taking a bath that he doesn't want, and the last one is about Pigeon having to go to school. They are really fun books. I think Mo Willems is our favorite children's author at this point. Aidan can even draw Pigeon's head/face very accurately free-hand.

I also MADE Aidan six little books that he can fashion into stories of his own. Aidan loves to make books. I got him a small colored pencil set that comes with a sharpener, eraser and zipper case. And last of all, I got him an ice-cream truck LEGO set, which I know he will love.

Here is the card I designed for his 5th birthday:




It was super fun to make this card for this little imp of a boy. He is such a hilariously funny little kid ... but complicated too, intense, multi-faceted, lots and lots of strengths ... and probably the most stubborn person I have ever met. And I love him to pieces.


No comments: