Wednesday, March 23, 2022

March 22 A great day!

Tuesday:  The kiddos were over today ... and look at the event we were treated to see CLOSE UP for about three hours! The tree trimming folk have been in my park the last few weeks trimming off dead or overhanging branches of the hundreds of beautiful trees we have here at the park. This tree is not on my "property" (lot) but does overhang my house, as well as my neighbor on the corner--in fact, she has complained about it during the last several years--concerned that a wind storm might cause one of those bigger branches to break and wreck her roof.

During the first hour or so of trimming, I wasn't one bit concerned that their goal was to remove the entire tree ... but then I noticed the workers wrapping the lower part of the tree with a rubber hose-like deal ... and then I began to really worry that they were going to remove this entire gorgeous tree! I said as much to the kids, with a very concerned voice. I told them I might even cry if they cut the whole tree down. Brendan did not like thinking about me crying, so he went to hide. I found him and reassured him that I would try to control myself if the worst happened. It was a very happy moment when the tree trimmers left and the tree was still in place! 
The little kids were very busy today. They are really so much fun. I'm so glad I have such nice toys and art supplies for everyone to enjoy.
We played a lot of memory games today ...

We worked on some "books" together ... Brendan was not too agreeable to having his picture taken today ...
... sorry buddy!
Erin suggested we all make our funniest faces and take a picture, but she is the only one who was willing to do that!
On our way out of the house, we walked around to the back/side of my house to inspect my tree. I am SO thankful it is still in place!
Mmmm ... I love this child so much. I could look at his face all day and just soak up his quietness and the beauty of his dear heart.
We drove back to their house and little Mr. Callaghan was there to greet us. These pictures show a lot of his personality ...
THIS look ... !!!
Mmm ... and this one!
Dylan played soccer with the boys for awhile ...
This little marshmallow may be the youngest in the household, but he is a true force to be reckoned with! Oh.my.word. He will be TWO in about 8 weeks. I think he is entering his 2's with a LOT of ... personality!

Isn't he a little doll?
Look how tired Erin is! Her pre-school class had a "pajama party" today! She was so happy to wear pj's all day. I would be too (and I often do!).
A typical picture of Aidan Paul ... speaking of someone to reckon with ... there are times when I do not know how Dylan and Kelly manage all of these kiddos 24/7. They do an amazing job, but they must be exhausted down to their toes.
Erin! Such a cutie.
Eating cinnamon toast before bedtime ...

THIS face (below) ... gah! What a kid.
Callaghan was "reading" some books while the other kids were busy finishing up their meal ...

I drove away tonight with such a full heart. God -- You have been so good to me, so good. Thank you so much for the gift of these dear little children.

No comments: