Tuesday, March 8, 2022

March 8 Update

These last six days have been "sick days" ... I've been retired from outside work for almost four years now but had I still a job, I would have called in super sick for many of these days. I am finally on the mend and I am having the kiddos over today for a regular Tuesday. I am a little "nervous" about it--but only because I have so little energy and oomph. 

I actually began not feeling well LAST Tuesday, but I did not want to cancel on Dylan and Kelly last minute, so I had the kiddos and we survived the day. But Wednesday came and I was flat out from a head cold that filled my head and chest with more crud than it has had in years. Really disgusting.

Sadly, I had to cancel Thursday with Kaity. I took Emma to her tax meeting early in the morning, hoping I would just feel better as the day progressed--but I didn't. Friday, I rested all day without much improvement. Saturday, Emma and I were able to grocery shop and pick up the stuff we needed in order to eat decently. Emma picked Kaity up Saturday afternoon and they hung out here. I was treated to such a gift--listening to their laughter and interactions. It was really nice. Here are a few pictures of them from Saturday afternoon:



I cancelled serving with the babies Sunday morning and stayed home to worship virtually. Kaity had asked if she could go to church, so Emma picked her up. Kaity was allowed to stay with Emma and help with the 3's during second service. After church, the girls went shopping and then they came home here to hang out. 

Yesterday (Monday) I was laying on the couch (I am SO SICK OF LAYING ON THE COUCH) and I kept hearing a very unusual sound. At first, I thought it was the little birds out in my car port having a fuss about something; but then, it grew louder and louder. I finally opened my front door and could hear it better--but now it sounded like a baby crying. I closed the door and ran to my side door and opened it, only to realize that my dear neighbor, Shirley, was outside and had fallen down on the ice in her driveway and was crying for help. I called for Emma and we ran next door. Shirley had slipped on the ice and could not put any weight on her left leg. We couldn't lift her back into her house. Thankfully, she had a coat and boots on. I ran for a blanket and we were able to contact someone in her family (finally). We called an ambulance, Shirley's daughter arrived, and they took her to the hospital. I was so sad that this happened to my neighbor--who will be 90 in June. She is a real sweetie. I am really thankful that I finally got my useless body off the couch and did not ignore those sounds outside. How terrible if I had not gone outside to help her.

Well, I have done a lot of NOTHING during these days. My head has hurt so badly as to discourage much reading. I have slept a lot! I surely hope this is a more productive and healthy week ahead.

No comments: