Saturday, March 19, 2022

March 17 At the Gardens with KT

Thursday Afternoon:  This is Jesse's house ... well, it's not exactly his house--but he does live here. He is hoping to purchase it someday--but that is very complicated and may or may not happen. Jesse very much would like to own this little place. It's really quite perfectly suited for him. I am praying it will work out for him, asking God to show Jesse just what to do.

As Kaity came off the bus, I invited her to come to Meijer Gardens to check out the butterflies with me. She was very willing. Here's the thing: I knew we would only have 45 minutes at the Gardens (because they close at 5pm), but I also knew that would be just about the duration that Kaity would tolerate being there ... so we went!
I have hundreds of really nice butterfly pictures from prior years of shooting pictures at the "Butterflies are Bloomin" exhibit, so I wasn't overly concerned about getting a bunch more today--especially because there were really no unusual butterflies or moths flying about. The Blue Morpho IS one of my favorites though--so I am always glad to get another picture or two of one of them ...


The exhibit is super warm and humid inside (my very favorite kind of weather) and we made the circuit three times in about 15 minutes (Kaity is quick!) ... she didn't stand still for many pictures, but that was OK.





Kaity was excited to check out the Children's Garden outside, so we did that too. We could see all the preparations being made to plant the beautiful flowers that adorn this place from spring to fall. I can't wait to see it in it's glory.




We were outside for about 20 minutes but since we also wanted to have a look-see inside the Gift Shop, we went back inside ...
Can you believe we actually walked out of the Gift Shop without a single purchase? Wow. That's probably a first. The main reason, probably, was because they were closing and hurried us out. No problem! It's always fun just to look at all the neat stuff they have in there. I already have a butterfly finger puppet, so I wasn't too disappointed about not getting anything else. Kaity did alright with it too.

No comments: