Friday, March 18, 2022

March 17 Walk at Mill Creek

Thursday Afternoon: I had to run to the Post Office this afternoon before picking Kaity up from Jesse, and since the Post Office is 5 minutes away from Jesse's house, I decided to give myself an extra 45 minutes in order to take a little walk around Mill Creek. I'm finally feeling nearly 100% after being sick for nearly two weeks. It was good to get out and walk today. 

This is quite possibly the "ugliest" time of year ... I always say that, don't I? It's just that everything is SO DEAD ... I couldn't even find any BUDS yet on the trees! However, I did spy quite a few robins out and about--so that was encouraging at least.

Two years ago, they began "renovating" (?? that's not the right word), but perhaps "beautifying" this area of Comstock Park. They removed a TON of trees (why?!?!?!), cut away a LOT of bramble near the creek, planted new grass, place a bunch of new, skinny/scrawny tiny trees (that will hopefully grow), demolished the old playground and replaced it with a really really different type of playground, and said they were trying to have Mill Creek re-claim this little area naturally. It's always been a pretty place in my estimation--but that was when there were HUGE trees lining the creek with all kinds of cool paths alongside. 
They also added this very cool footbridge over Mill Creek ...


I DO like bridges ...

They also put in a smaller boardwalk/lookout area (see in the distance?), which people perhaps could even fish from ...
There used to be three fish ponds on the grounds near the old railroad building. Those are gone now. There is rumor that they will be putting in a very nice splash pad for summer fun ... but we thought that it would be designed and in use last summer ... no sign of it yet.
This is close enough to Kaity's house to where she can walk over with friends and play here. Very nice!

No comments: