Saturday, November 12, 2022

November 11 Veteran's Day Parade

Friday Evening:  Kaity and I spent an abbreviated time together last night (Thursday) because she was invited to go on a hike with some of her friends--so we only had two hours together. I snapped just two pictures:

I'm glad Kaity was able to take advantage of our unusually high 75 degree weather on Thursday!
But Was Friday a nice balmy day? NO WAY. The high was only 53 degrees! Kaity and I went downtown to watch the Veteran's Day Parade. Jesse was one of the chief coordinators of the parade route. I took a few pictures, but I am not very good at night photography. Here they are:
Below: Jesse is directing the parade participants as they approach the final curve in the route.
Below: A VERY blurry picture of Jesse walking by ... we hollered out to him, and he waved to us; but there were motorcycles coming behind, along with a lot of HONKING vehicles ... LOUD! We didn't really get to talk to him--that's okay--we just wanted to wave at him.

I think this parade was actually nicer than the Memorial one--more participants I think.


This is the Marching Band from Forest Hills Eastern High School--which, I believe, is the high school where Dylan and Kelly's kiddos will go.
We enjoyed the horses the most ...

And look at this cute little midget horse!



The parade ended at the War Memorial where ceremonies took place. Kaity and I were pretty freezing cold by this time--did I mention that it was very windy and only 42 degrees at this time?
I like this picture of Kaity-Girl so much ...

On our way back to my car, we asked if we could pet this beautiful horse--named ANTHEM. The gentleman was very kind and let us do that. How soft was its neck! And so well behaved too.
We were happy to get back inside my car where the wind could not blow us over! We hung out for awhile over at Kaity's while we waited for Jesse to get home from the parade. I like hanging out with Kaity! Very thankful she still puts up with me.
 

No comments: