Sunday, November 6, 2022

November 3 Kaity and her cousins

Thursday:  On Tuesday, when I had the little kids, Erin was complaining that it had been SO LONG since she had seen her cousin, Kaity!"Why, grandma? Why can't we see Kaity?" I tried to explain to Erin that school schedules are difficult to work with, that we have to pick Aidan up from school and be at the house for Brendan to get home, and getting Kaity after school just won't work anymore on Tuesdays. When Erin is sad, she is sad with her entire body ... she just slumped over and moaned.

SO ... how to remedy this dilemma? 

I messaged Dylan to see if it would be OK if Kaity and I stopped by late this afternoon to play with the kids. Dylan let me know that Erin had a fever yesterday, but that it had not been a problem today. I picked Kaity up at 4:00 and we drove over to her cousins' new house to play for just a brief time.

When we arrived, it was apparent that dear Erin was not at all feeling up to playing with Kaity or with anyone. She sat and cuddled with Miss Jen and tried very hard to be polite (she was too), but she just had no strength to play.

Brendan! He seems to really like their new house. I do too!
Cal was full of energy and ran around with Kaity for a little bit. Aidan was busy eating "snacks."
I love this picture of Kaity and her youngest cousin.
Here is Cal and Erin's bedroom. I didn't take pictures of the other bedrooms.
Brendan, looking over the landing on their very HIGH staircase.
Kaity and I only stayed 25 minutes! Erin needed to rest (she really did look very miserable) and we didn't want to interrupt that. It was still good for the cousins to see each other, even if it was brief. Kaity is Erin's favorite person (practically) and I think Kaity feels quite flattered by that. 

Kaity and I came to my house to eat and try to decide what to do about her soccer practice. Kaity injured her leg at school today and didn't want to run and kick a soccer ball. This was the last soccer practice and the coach arranged for the team to play against the parents. This time I couldn't convince Kaity to go, and as it was, I was completely confused on the time of the practice and would not have gotten her there on time anyway. I don't like it when that happens (when I mess up), but it is bound to happen now and then.

Kaity talked me in to watching the first half of "Jurassic World" and we enjoyed ourselves hugely as we watched. I love you, Kaity-Girl.


No comments: