Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November 29 Little Cal is sick

Tuesday:  Kelly texted me early this morning that little Cal is sick today and will be staying home with Miss Jen while I pick Erin up from pre-school. We've decided to have Erin come home with me for just a little playtime and lunch, and then she and I will return back to their house to relieve Jen for the rest of the afternoon.

I believe this is the first time Erin has ever been to my house without her siblings! WHAT?!?!?!? Yikes, grandma Carol. There is no way that I shouldn't now and then have a 1-on-1 with each of the kids over here!

I love Erin's little face. She is the most expressive child. You should hear her talk. She is four going on 15 most of the time.
We arrived over at Erin's house by about 1:30 to take care of Cal and wait for the boys to get home from school. Poor little dear truly didn't feel good. They've all been passing around a respiratory "flu" to each other. This was Cal's turn evidently.

I took some pictures later in the afternoon with my phone. Cal had rested up and was feeling more himself.
Cal's a tough little cookie ... much rougher than the other kids ever were! He's so funny while he is being aggressive that it is difficult to reprimand him for it; but I do try.
When it was getting near the time for Aidan's bus to drop him off two doors down from the house, we went outside so that the bus driver could see we were waiting for him. Dylan had come home too and walked down to the corner where the bus was going not stop. Meanwhile, Erin got cold so I opened up my back hatch for her to snuggle up with a blanket and some good books while she was waiting. She liked it very much.
Here comes Aidan's bus!

For some reason, that was all the pictures I took on Tuesday. It gets busy once all of the kids are home and I just ... forget to take any pictures. This was Aidan's first day on the bus--I meant to get a picture of him stepping off the bus, but I was too busy making sure Cal stayed out of the street to remember my camera. Brendan came home soon afterwards and we all played for just a little while until Dylan got back from picking Kelly up from work. Kelly was feeling better from her bout with the flu. I was super glad to see her looking more herself. 

I left earlier than I usually do. I needed to be here for the handy-man to come and fix the plumbing in my bathroom. He came. He fixed it, and now ... I just have to wait to see how much it is going to cost to have my car fixed. It is presently in the "shop" having brakes repaired. Oh well. Life happens, and it usually costs money when it does. Good thing there are more important things than money.


No comments: