Sunday, November 6, 2022

November 5 Margaret's Condo

Saturday:  Margaret's condo has 5-star accommodations and there was delicious food was EVERYWHERE ... on the counter tops, coffee tables, etc. Margaret is the best hostess I have ever met. Here's the thing--she absolutely loves entertaining and preparing food. I think it brings her as much joy as I receive when designing a card (and that's a LOT of joy!). 

The condo is located not far onto Old Mission Peninsula. The drive from Grand Rapids (from Margaret's house) is about 2.5 hours. Margaret has a son and daughter-in-law who live just ten minutes from here, as well as their little boy (Everett, age 3). All of us ladies truly loved being so pampered for 24 hours. I loved the open floorpan of her house, nice tall ceilings, and great lighting in all of the rooms.
Friday night, Margaret served deep friend shrimp (my absolute favorite) AND steak that was so tender you could cut it with a fork! All of the ladies brought food too. Cindy brought a yummy red-velvet chocolate bundt cake from that really great bundt cake place (I forget the name of it) over on 28th street, piled high with cream cheese frosting. Beth brought Chardoney (??) to drink. I baked a blueberry streusel coffee cake that was very well received--and I forget what everyone else brought. We ate all weekend. I decided NOT to be legalistic about it (because of my ongoing diet) but just enjoy the food!

We played games, took walks and just enjoyed chatting with each other.

I stepped outside the condo to try and get some interesting shots of the area ...


There is a small wooded area behind the condo ...

... and nice trees on either side as well.

Next, I'll show you some pictures of the little hike we took Saturday morning at the Pelizzari Natural Area, about 1/4 mile from the condo.
 

No comments: