Wednesday, November 23, 2022

November 22 It's Tuesday again!

Tuesday:  Wow, I haven't posted a single thing in a week. WHY? Let's just say we had a 3-day snow event that dumped a lot of the white stuff around here (14.5" in Belmont, 22" out at the airport, and 30" in E. GR), which kept me busy shoveling, etc. Also, Kaity was sick Thursday and Saturday--so she did NOT come over. What was there to post about without Kaity coming over?!?

Usually, I would have posted snow pictures ... but instead, I was working on the design of my Christmas card--which took a LOT of hours of work--trial and error, etc. But I did get it designed and sent off to the printer, so I was happy about that.

The little kids came over today as usual. We had a good time here as well as later at their house. Here are some pictures:

I put this little layout together an hour before I picked the kids up. Cal really loves to play trains. It helps a LOT if I already have a track put together for him.
Erin moseyed around playing with little objects here and there. She found a container with these small building blocks and played with them for a very long time ...

Cal requested that I get the garage down from on top of my cubby shelves. He loves to zoom the cars down the ramp and have them all crash at the end. He says "crash" every time it happens and then smiles. OH ... Cal called me "Gomma" 4x today, clear as can be! I was so thrilled.
We did our usual routine of eating, playing, snacking, and then loading the kiddos up to head off to pick Aidan up from school. But guess what? NEXT WEEK Aidan will be riding the bus to and from school. YAY! I will just meet him at the house with the other kids. Much easier!
This is the gnome-decorated mantle at their new house. This is the room that the ceiling probably reaches 30' high.
Kelly set up the kiddos' Christmas tree in the "sitting room". They decorate and UNdecorate this tree for weeks ... 
... it's very nice that they get to do this. They enjoy it so much.

Right now, they don't exactly have a dining room table. Kelly is using these two tables as a staging area for unpacking, etc. The little kids have been using one of the tables as an art table. Good idea! Erin and Aidan especially enjoy drawing, coloring, and making books.

Miss Jen (nanny) did an amazing job organizing all of the toys in the basement. When we walked downstairs, it was like ... shock! 
The kids had so much fun "finding" toys that had been packed up during their move, as well as other toys that Jen organized for them. Jen is amazing.
This is such a nice play space for the kids!
Erin was very pleased to find this writing tablet. She showed me how it works and we drew some pictures together. I enjoyed it very much.

So ... there is this glass block, HALF wall divider in the basement that the kids climb ...
They are little monkeys!

They are very good climbers!
Little Cal shows some real athletic prowess too. This "Little Tikes" basketball hoop is a real joy for him. He's got some pretty good form too and makes a lot of his shots. When he doesn't, he announces: "I missed!" and then goes on to take more shots.

We actually found BOTH shoes for Erin's little Elsa doll. she was super pleased about it.
Dylan and Kelly arrived home and while we waited for the pizza to be delivered, Dylan came downstairs to play with the kids. I forgot to mention that Brendan has been sick and had to miss school today. He has what "bug" has pretty much gone through the whole family in the last 10 days or so. He was feeling a bit better today and I did get to see him for awhile. He was resting and playing one of his favorite video games.

After dinner, Kelly opened a box that Erin had been anticipating that contained "taco boots" !!! What?! Yes! There are cute little tacos all over these boots! Erin was super pleased, tried them on, modeled them all around for us.
Erin! You are so precious.
Just two more days now until Thanksgiving. I'll try to take some good photos that day ... but who knows? I may be too busy or distracted to even remember to do it. Hopefully not.

No comments: