Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January 13 Matey's favorite chapstick

Wednesday:   Today has been a very relaxing day. I was hanging out around my computer this morning, always closely accompanied by this little guy. I use chapstick constantly because I don't like the feel of dry lips. Matey is always excited when I open my top desk drawer and yank out my Burt's Bees/Beeswax Lip Balm and put it on my lips. I get a LOT of kisses from him when I wear it too!

This picture shows just how SMALL my Matey-Bird is!
When I let him "play" with my chapstick, he will usually walk around it once or twice giving it "the eye" ...
And then he will knock it over with his beak ...
... and since it is now rolling, he will chase it all over my desk ...

... and even onto my keyboard if that's how it rolls ... and eventually, the chapstick will fall to the floor. However, I now open my desk drawer when I see it coming, and it just lands right back where it belongs. Presently, as I type this very boring post, Matey is banished to my bedroom where I can hear him protesting ... if I didn't put him in my room and shut the door, he would be right ON TOP of my fingers as I attempt to type, nipping at my fingernails, taking actual BITES of my fingertips, etc. I will free him in just a moment ...
 

No comments: