Wednesday, January 20, 2021

January 19 Six hours of FuN

Tuesday:  Instead of picking the kiddos up at 9:30 this morning, I was given the OK to pick them up at 11:00 ... which shortened our time together by 90 minutes or so ... but I am OLD and these guys really keep me running! 

We did lots of our familiar stuff today. It is always delightful to watch these guys interact and play. I love them so much.
Brendan is a super good reader PLUS he just loves words ... sounds ... rhymes ... humor! I love this so much about him. Here he is reading one of our old time favorites: "BOB" about a rooster who doesn't have a clue about ... anything! Look at little Erin browsing through the BRIO pamphlet.
Aidan! What a dear little soul you are. He plays and plays and PLAYS!
I find that I have to keep a close eye on my cherub, Erin. She likes to "explore" my book shelves and gets into a lot of stuff that I wouldn't think a child would be interested in! I have a lot of books that I tend to be a little fussy about. Erin is fine if I just tell her that I'm going to put it back on the shelf--and then I hand her something to replace whatever it was.

Here is Erin hugging "Herbie" our talking stuffed hamster. She loves him.
Aidan loves to play with the garage and all of the cars. I'm so glad! I love toy cars and trucks too!
We played for a VERY long time with our magnet tiles today. No matter what--if I put a window in one of our buildings, Erin covers up the window with a solid magnet plate. I don't think she can quite imagine an "open" window without glass.
I struggle to find something constructive and meaningful for Brendan to do while he is here. He is older than the toddlers and isn't quite "into" what they are ... but he ends up finding enough to keep himself occupied all on his own. 



Aidan built himself a SUPER big house and attached a garage as well!
I love you, Brendan!
Our afternoon snack was a mini-ice cream cone ... the children all love these tiny chocolate covered treats.

That's all for now ... 

No comments: