Friday, January 22, 2021

January 20

Wednesday:  I received a rather sparkling and dazzling card from my Brendan today, appropriately of a bird! Inside was his birthday request list.

Brendan loves LEGOS as well as Mario ... so this is perfect for him! I got everything ordered and hopefully they will arrive on time for his birthday--less than two weeks from now.

It is also Inauguration Day. We have ushered in a new administration today in our country. Since I do not comment on politics, I won't say what I feel about any of it. So there!

It was 40 years ago on this very date that Ronald Reagan was inaugurated--but that wasn't a political date for me either. I always remember January 20, 1981 for another reason completely, and it is one that I treasure deeply in my heart. You see, I was sitting in my doctor's office and was just told, much to my amazement and disbelief, that I was expecting another baby. My response to Dr. Bennet? "But ... I already HAVE a baby ... "  Jesse had just turned 8 months! Ah ... but then the doctor asked me if perhaps we should check to see if we could hear a heartbeat. And there it was ... a strong beat too ... unmistakeably another baby. Hearing his heartbeat on January 20, 1981 bonded his life to mine forever. Yes, it did. I failed him terribly, though ...

Perhaps some day this will be made right ... please, Lord.

No comments: