Friday, January 22, 2021

January 21 A promotion for Kaity!

Thursday:  This week was Kaity's third week in GLIDER 2 class at Gold Fish Swim School. I thought she would remain in GLIDER 2 for a few more weeks at least ...

See how straight Kaity holds her arms (below) ... that is EXACTLY how the instructor showed them! I noticed that some of the other students seem to "fight" with the water with their arms flinging about everywhere--but not Kaity! She rather slides on top of the water!

In GLIDER 2, the students accomplish, unassisted: (1) streamline gliding on their stomach--and must do it for 10 feet; (2) streamline flutter kicking on their stomach the entire width of the pool; (3) flutter kicking, face in w/kickboard, one entire width; (4) simple freestyle w/rollover breaths, lead arm out front, one width; (5) streamline glide on back--10 feet; (6) flutter kicking on back w/kickboard--one width; (7) streamline flutter kicking on back--1/2 width; and finally, they must tread water for 30 seconds!
To our surprise (!!), Kaity passed all of those requirements tonight. YAY, Kaity! One of the instructors approached me as I was sitting behind the glass taking pictures of Kaity. The instructor handed me this REPORT and told me Kaity was advancing to GLIDER 3. These were her exact words: "Kaity is a NATURAL." WoW.
Kaity's favorite thing about swimming tonight was doing her first really BIG cannonball. I'm so glad for you, Kaity!
Kaity was SO excited to bring home her report and sticker to show Jesse. She was very excited to tell Diana too. We are proud of you, Kaity!

When I brought Kaity back to Jesse tonight it was only 7:00. I brought along "Sleeping Queens" and played FIVE games of it with Kaity! She was the grand champion, winning 3 of the 5 games.

We also did a little bit of organizing in her bedroom. AND we folded a huge basket of her clean laundry, hanging much of it in her closet and putting away other items in her drawers. Kaity even matched all of her socks. Good job, dear granddaughter. I think of all we did today, being in your room with you tonight was the most special to me. I am a little bit hyper about organization, but it feels SO good to see a room clean and in order--and I love to fold laundry--it's a weird thing about me, I admit it!

No comments: