Wednesday, January 20, 2021

January 18 At Rogue River Trail

Monday (cont): I drove to the "usual" entrance to the park, the one I have always used that comes off a side-street from W. River Drive. BUT, the drive leading into the parking lot was closed! Pooh. However, I remembered seeing a trail that came off Belmont Road (just around the corner, maybe 1/2 mile), so I drove over there to find that THIS too is labeled "Rogue River Trail" !! 

I hadn't walked far from the parking lot until I felt I had entered a "different" world--one with at least more color due to the various ever-green/pine trees. I was super excited to find another entrance to trails that I have walked for quite a few years, but these were super pretty ... with little side trails everywhere! I love side trails.


Within a few minutes (if I made myself stay on the main trail), I was back to a more familiar place. The kiddos and I have explored over in this area during the autumn months ...

Again--not much color ... and the creek is SO BLACK ... but still ... I like it.



I took many of the little side trails and found delightful little spots that during the summer I would never venture to--due to too much bramble, thorns, weeds, etc. In the winter, I am much more free to roam.







I'm certain to return to these great trails--hopefully when the sun is shining ... !!

No comments: