Wednesday, February 2, 2022

February 1 Celebrating Brendan

Tuesday:  It is only TWO more days until Brendan turns 10. Perhaps on his birthday I will post some of my favorite pictures of him ... but for today, it was a typical Tuesday with Brendan and his siblings. Except ... I DID decorate a tiny bit with balloons and streamers ... I just wanted to celebrate this dear person--because he is SO VERY DEAR to me. Here are a few pictures of our time together at my house:

Like I said, this was pretty much our typical Tuesday. Upon arrival, Aidan immediately announced with GREAT enthusiasm that he was going to write another book ... and could I get him all of the necessary stuff so that he could get started?
Bless his little heart ... he is SO HAPPY when he is drawing and writing ... mama mia! Aidan! You are so precious.
Aidan actually accomplished TWO books today--one early in the day, and one later in the afternoon. His first book was titled: "I am a Horse" ... the pictures are a scream. He drew his horse and then cracked up telling me that it "actually wooks wike a giwaffe, gwamma!" It had a REALLY long neck.
We spent about an hour with Play-Doh and everyone played so nicely.


Here is Aidan designing his "temple" ... I'm not actually sure what he had in mind, but he worked super hard on it and was very pleased.
Erin was busy making all kinds of cool stuff with her Play-Doh ... little cutie.

More work on his "temple" ...
Brendan was rather taken with Sweetie-Pie for much of the day. He thought it might be pretty funny if he made Sweetie-Pie and bright red mohawk ...


... but the Play-Doh mohawk kept falling off.
I scavenged around in my freezer the night before and found these leftover cupcakes and brownies (from Emma's grad party back in June), thawed them out, and placed 10 candles on the top.
This expression (below) just absolutely melts my heart ... I can't look at it without aching ... 
Brendan was very pleased with our little celebration today.

These candles were pretty tricky to blow out ...
It took FOUR separate times ... one candle stubbornly refused to be extinguished ... but he finally got it out.

Brendan's actual irthday is Thursday ... his party is Saturday. Kaity and I will be attending!

 

No comments: